Weight is based on size US 9 and may vary depending on size
Weight is based on size US 7 and may vary depending on size
Inspired by Karl Meltzer, who holds the record for most 100-mile trail race wins, the fastest completion of the (2,190 mile) Appalachian Trail, and epitomizes the “go everywhere, run everything” attitude, this shoe is designed to attack all breeds of technical trail. And with this bold, fully redesigned iteration, we've improved fit, stability, and durability. Built on a new last, the wider midsole creates a more stable platform for the foot and offers a wider toe box with reinforced areas where your feet need them. The outsole features deeper, more aggressive Vibram lugs which hold up to all kinds of rugged terrain, while the more forgiving upper offers improved comfort up top. The SPEEDGOAT 2 means business. This is one fast, tough trail running shoe.
Mesh base structure.
– High sitting anatomical vest; fits as one with athlete.
– Extra-large, ventilated mesh base layer with anti-abrasive liner.
Side cross lacing & adjustability.
One of a kind fitting system using a “double S” elastic with auto lock
– Absolutely unconstrained breathing without compromising vest stability.
– Perfectly adapts to different body types.
– Fast, easy and precise fitting.
Stretch Mesh Pockets.
– Lightweight and breathable. Dynamic reflex for a perfect hold.
Pockets & Accessories
2 hydration pockets, +650ml soft flask and bottle compatible (we recommend Hydrapak). Sits high for immediate and effortless access.
2 feed storage pockets +600ml + 1 hidden pocket
1 shoulder pocket +100ml
4 elastic loops + 2 shoulders liners (bladder tube guides).
2 multi-purpose attachment loops.
1 top horizontal pocket +750ml. Accessible without removing pack
1 bottom horizontal pocket +1.250l. Accessible without removing pack
2 overlaying vertical pockets +1.5l. One is water bladder compatible 1.5l.
3 double looped elastics with auto lock for poles (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally), clothing items…
Various reflective details.
Adjustments & Fitting
2 elastic compression cords with auto lock for top and bottom back pockets
2 “double S” elastic cross lacing with auto lock: side adjustment “on the fly”
2 adjustable chest straps: custom fit vertically and horizontally
– Side cross lacing & adjustability.
– 100% of all adjustments at the front!
– 85% of pockets accessible without removing pack (7/9).
– Front hydration pockets: sit high for immediate and effortless access.
– Top & bottom horizontal back pockets accessible without removing pack.
– Fit & stability.